my HIStory

Faith is Not Denying Reality



It’s not pretending you don’t have a problem. Faith is not saying, “I’m not pain” when you are. It’s not saying, “ I don’t hurt” when you do. It’s not saying, “I’m happy” when you’re really grieving inside. That’s not faith; it’s phoniness! Faith is facing the facts without being disheartened by them because you know God is greater than the problem.

The problem of denying reality is we tend to deny a need of a Helper (or a need of healing, recovery, comfort). I unconsciously did that. But the moment I stop denying, and honestly come to God the way I am, broken-hurt-tired-confused and in a need of help, I find Him as the answer just the way I never knew before. When I was broken and hurt, I found Him understanding me first, then He began to heal and recover through a process. I always find Him as a Comforter. When I’m tired, He gives me rest. When I’m confused, I’m assured by Him.

Faith is facing reality without being discouraged by it. You know that God can change  a situation.

The key is to LOOK BEYOND your circumstances: “We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen (the problem) is temporary, but what is unseen (God’s power) is eternal” 2 Corinthians 4:18.

If you look at the world, you’re going to be distressed. There are problems everywhere!
If you look whitin, you’re going to be depressed, because there are a lot of things that need changing in your life.

But if you look at Jesus Christ, you’ll be at rest. It depends on where you are focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment